Friday, August 1, 2008

iFun with iPhone

Cell phones and I don't have a very good track record together. I got my first cell phone in 1998, one of those huge ones that had a flip-down mouthpiece and 75% of it's size was battery pack. I had it for around 1 1/2 years before I accidentally left if on the roof of my car and drove off, leaving it in pieces on 500 W in Provo. I tried again with a Nokia in 2001, when Kaitlin was a baby, because I needed one for "safety reasons". Ironically, it would have never kept me safe because I was incapable of remembering to charge it. My Kyocera flip phone that I have had for the past five years was a good one, but finally died after having too many cups of water, juice and milk spilled on it in my diaper bag. I constantly drive my husband crazy because I never hear my cell phone when it rings. It is never charged when in needs to be, and I am always losing it and having to call it to find it. "Why do you have a cell phone if you can't even answer it?", is a common question in our home.

We had to buy new cell phones when we got to Illinois because they don't have Verizon in our area, and I ended up picking out one that I love!!




I'm not one who is tech-savvy or cares about electronics, but our new phones are so fun! I watch You-Tube on in, listen to my music and even check my email (which is shocking, because those of you who know me know that I check my email a few times a year). I can actually hear my phone to answer it, just because I have it close to play with it. I'm sure that the novelty will wear off soon, and I'll g0 back to my cell phone abusing ways, but for now I am loving it!!

2 comments:

Tigerlily said...

Way Too COOL! That is awesome! Spencer wants one of those bad! Congratulations.

Farrah said...

Josh will be SOOO jealous! He has be on me to get an iPhone for awhile. He even sat next to a lady who worked for Apple on his flight back to Austin, composing a nice list of reasons why I should let him buy one! I cannot possibly tell him you have one! Enjoy!!!