Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Camie's First Day of School!!

I can't believe that my baby is old enough to go to preschool!!

Camie started on Monday and she loves it! I was a little bit worried about her because she is my tender/sometimes shy little one. In fact, when we went to go sign her up for preschool and get her picture taken a couple weeks ago, she was in tears and didn't want to leave my side. So, of course, I geared up for an upset little girl and a tear-filled parting on Monday. I was so wrong!! She was ecstatic to be at preschool: to meet new friends, get her locker, play games, etc. etc. She honestly couldn't get rid of me fast enough (tiny ego blow, by the way...) but I am glad that she was so happy!!

Here she is on the first day of school!! I had her dressed in the cutest little outfit that morning until we reviewed over the preschool papers, which said that she had to wear her preschool t-shirt on the first day of school. She was very upset because the t-shirt was huge and ugly. We solved some of the problem by tying up her sleeves with little bits of ribbon that matched the bow in her hair. She wasn't terribly happy, but she still looked cute, no matter what she was wearing!





Here she is in her classroom. Her teacher in Miss Davies and she is very young, probably fresh out of school. She is incredibly nice and sweet and I already love her. When we got to school, Camie sat right down and got to work. She made a new friend right away.



Here is the outfit that she should have worn on the first day of school, but what can you do? She wore it on the second day of school instead and she looked fabulous, dahling.


It is so weird to have two kids in school and even weirder to have 3 hours to myself every day for the first time in seven years. I almost feel guilty....

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Camie looks so cute. Enjoy your free time!

Kristy said...

Hey Becky, How's it going? I got tagged and I tagged you. See my blog for the rules.

Tigerlily said...

Hey Becky! Where are you? We miss you? Cami is a cutie. I have never seen that done with tshirts before, but the same day you did that i went to the school and saw two other kids that had done that. It's a cute idea.

Katrina said...

Becky! I've been thinking about you lately. Will you email me your phone # so we can chat? I need a little Becky.

nilsandkatrina@gmail.com

or you can call me and I'll call you back. 358-8608