Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kaitlin's First Day of School!!

Here's my baby on her first day of 2nd grade!!




She slept with her hair in curlers last night so she could have beautiful curly hair for school in the morning. She wanted the small sponge rollers so her hair would be extra-extra curly. Mom vetoed that idea immediately and chose the biggest rollers so she could have soft waves instead of a 'fro.




Here she is at her table in her new classroom. Her teacher is Mrs. Heafner (pronounced Hefner, as in Hugh) and she seems really nice. She sits at a table with 6 other kids, so hopefully she'll get to know some more kids asap.



Hopefully this is the start of a great school year!!!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

You got a problem with the 'fro? Wanna make something of it? Heh-heh, just kidding.

Kaitlin looks so grown up and cute. And her hair is ravishing, dahling.

Tigerlily said...

The start of a new school year is always so fun. I love the line in "You've got Mail" when he says that the fall makes him want to buy a bunch of freshly sharpened pencils and make a bouquet out of them. That's what I want to do. I like to buy new school supplies. I hope Kaitlin really likes her teacher. Amanda's has a high squeaky voice that sounds like Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Helium balloons.

Tammy and Mark said...

She is so cute! The kids are growing up way too fast. As of today, now both my girls are in school. Where does the time go?

Teresa said...

I can't believe she is in second grade! I remember going with you to pick her up from Kindgergarten...I guess that was two years ago:c) She is turning into such a cute young lady!

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, big sister! Update your blog already! P.S. I miss you guys!