Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Anniversary to us!!

August 8th was our 10th anniversary! (Which is not today!) On our actual anniversary, I had intended to post some loving comments about my wonderful husband and gush about the 10 fabulous years that we have had together. However, in typical Becky fashion, I didn't get around to posting it when I should have and now you get to see my too late, sorry attempt at celebrating our time together. I apologize in advance...


We got married on August 8, 1998 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. Out ceremony was at 7:20 in the morning, which meant we had to be there at 6am. It was so early that my plan was to get my hair done the day before and sleep with a hairnet, SITTING UP (good plan, I know), so that my hair would be pretty for all of the pictures. Unfortunately, I got into a car accident that day (just a fender bender) and it made me miss my hair appointment. I was so upset over the accident and the thought of my wedding hair being ugly that I cried all the way up to the Inn on Temple Square, where my family was staying the night before the wedding. Rob spent the better part of that evening consoling me over the phone, and I believe that I threw a little tantrum and refused to go to dinner with my family. (Of course I was mature enough to get married....what were you doing thinking otherwise?) I didn't really sleep that night and woke up around 5am to do my own hair, with my mom's help. It took longer than I thought and I was about 15 minutes late to the temple. Rob, remembering how upset I was, honestly thought that I was ditching him when I didn't show up on time. Oh ye of little faith.

The rest of the day went off without a hitch. The ceremony was amazing and it was wonderful to share it with our family and friends. The rest of the day was a whirlwind, with pictures, luncheon, reception, etc. We were tired, but so happy. We had almost everyone that we loved with us that day and we had each other. It was a great day.



Finally...GUSH ALERT: Turn away if this sickens you. Consider yourself warned.
I just wanted to say what an amazing husband I have. I'm so lucky that I was able to marry my best friend. He is kind, loving, supportive, hilarious (bet some of you didn't know that because he is so quiet), etc, etc. The list goes on and on. He is the best husband and father that anyone could ask for and I'm so blessed that he's mine.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Happy Anniversary, guys! Becky, you crack me up with your wedding stories. Although, I actually had the same theory about doing my hair the night before and sleeping sitting up- we also got married in the 7 a.m. hour.

Tigerlily said...

I didn't post my actual anniversary either. I was too busy that day. It's Aug 6th. I had to get up at 4:30 am because my hair lady came over at 5:00 am and well I went to bed at 2:00 am so I was really tired. It never occurred to me that I could sleep sitting up. Congratulations! 10 years is awesome. Your pictures are beautiful!

courtneyb said...

I was so clueless when I got married, hence the age of 19, and didn't even get my hair done. I had my mom put in small braids the night before thinking I would want the wild crimped look. I cringe every time I see my pictures because it just looks like I didn't brush my hair. Happy Anniversary!
I love how you tell stories.
Have you finished breaking dawn?????

Becky said...

i finished breaking dawn in 7 hours. Yeah, i'm a loser. i didn't really like it the first time, but i reread parts of it and liked it much better the second time through

Tammy and Mark said...

Becky you are so funny. I love your blog. Mark and I also celebrated our 10th anniversary this week. He covered the hospital for the retreat so you can imagine how tired he was when he came home!

Kristy said...

Happy Anniversary a little late. 10 years is a big one! Congrats.