Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Come, come ye saints...Please?

After we found our house, we decided to tour around our soon to be hometown to see what it had to offer. We toured the town square, with the historic county courthouse...





Checked out the beautiful architecture and the amazing stained glass dome...



And decided that we would like to go and find the church that we will be attending in just a few months time.

Oh wait... is that a church or a strip mall? Why it's both!!!


Never in my life did I imagine going to church at the same place where I could buy a slurpee and get my nails done. Sweet. Also, we were told that church attendance is 20-30 people on a good day. I guess you are about to know a relief society teacher/primary chorister/visiting teaching supervisor/ward pianist (who can barely play)/scout leader. Am I missing anything? Can't wait. ;0)

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Hey, celulite sounds really cool and legit, huh? A hug from me, too.

Anyhoo, the real reason I'm posting is this: That was our branch in CT. It was next door to a Fashion Bug and liquor store. It was a great experience for me, though, seeing these members of the church who were truly dedicated. Fast and Testimony meetings were always hysterical, too.

courtneyb said...

sounds like plenty of missionary work for the Mehl's out there!

Melinda B. said...

I guess it will be pretty obvious if you skip out of a meeting.

I have a feeling I will something comparable in China.

I am guessing you will also become the ultimate online shopping pro.

Teresa said...

I guess that limits your Secret Sunday Strip Mall Stops (not that you do that, but if you did...) since your whole ward will be there to witness it. Primary President here you come!

Holly said...

now who's the all-star?!