Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy House Hunting!!

I can't believe that we actually did it, but we bought a house!!!! I seriously thought that this day would never come. Here it is in all of it's glory. It is over one hundred years old, has an acre of land and is around 3,000 square feet. It has such character and I am really excited to be able to get to work on it and make it my own.




This is a picture of our back yard. The present owner did alot of work on it and it has a great pergola and deck in the back. He also planted over 3000 bulbs in the front and back, so in the springtime it will be really beautiful.


This is our front room. I love the window it has and it has really great hardwood floors as well.

This is the dining room. It has the same great hardwood as the living room and a great light fixture .

This is the kitchen. It has amish-made cabinets (shout out to amish) and great appliances. It has carpet in part of it (what they were thinking I will never know), but it is still cute and it will look better once I start ripping things out.

I'll post some more picture next time I blog, hopefully, so you can see some of the upstairs as well. We are so excited about this whole house buying thing and about finally having something to call our own. Hopefully all of the loan process goes smoothly and everything goes as planned.

9 comments:

courtneyb said...

wow! i am so jealous! that porch! your kids are going to be in heaven on that acre. what a great way to spend a childhood with all that property! The inside is very cute.

Teresa said...

It is soooo cute! I LOVE it! I would have a hay day designing it, so I am sure you will too! It is nice to have someplace to look forward to moving to!

Katrina said...

Love it. I'm sure the pony will love it too! Seriously it's gorgeous. I'm so happy for you!

Where are we going to live now that you don't have a crawl space?

Unknown said...

Hey Becky, I found your link thru katrina. Congrats on your great find! I'm thrilled for you. It gives me hope that someday we just may own a place, only it will be half the size, and not nearly at cute.

Ruby said...

Cute blog! I am excited that we will be staying in touch. Way cute house! It makes me want to move back east with you. Now I will understand if you shut down here in Springville. I wouldn't think of anything else!

Melinda B. said...

Wow, all the sudden I feel like following you across the country and building a chicken coup. I am so excited for you. What a perfect place for you and your family. And yes, we'll all be waiting for a picture of the pony in the backyard.

Holly said...

Becky! I just found your blog again! Your house is GORGEOUS! Have you guys left Utah already/permanently? That's so sad if you have but if you haven't let's for sure see each other before you do. I am so excited for you and your family to own such an amazing house after years of townhome living. Hopefully we can join your club soon! Make sure you post pictures of all your improvements and changes, I'm excited for you guys!

Farrah said...

Love, love, LOVE your house!!! Aren't you so excited to get into it and make it yours??? So happy for you guys!

Kristy said...

I love your new house Becky! From what you said it sounded like you had a lot to do to fix it up but now I am wondering what you would fix. From the pictures it all looks great!