Friday, November 7, 2008

I love yardwork?

I am so-o-o-o-o not used to doing yardwork. We have spent 10 years living in apartments, condos and townhomes and as a result, we have been spoiled. In times past, we have waved to the passing workmen as they've mowed our lawn and pruned our bushes. We've asked them to spray for bugs and to remove the bird's nests and beehives in our eaves. In all, we have hardly had to lift a finger to care for our green surroundings. Awesomeness, I know....

Anyway, our time for laziness has come to an end now that we have our own property to care for.

I spent an hour on Tuesday sweeping up leaves on my deck and on the back portion of my driveway. It was a lot of work, and I didn't get very far.


It's sad that this is what I still have waiting for me in my front yard.

This is what I have waiting for me in my backyard.


Oh yeah, and here are the kids destroying all of my hard work.







To top it off, these are some of the leaves I am going to have to take care of in the future.

I've got five more trees full of leaves in the front yard and seven in the back. All just waiting to fall and torture me with endless work. Now I'm wondering why I even bothered in the first place...




11 comments:

Farrah said...

But isn't fall fun? I mean, the beautiful changing leaves, the crisp air, the feeling of winter? You know, you'll have a ton of snow soon and no one will know if you didn't rake your lawn...

Katrina said...

But lookit how pretty the leaves are. Oh, FYI, Nils granted me permission for you-know-what. We need to chat!

Unknown said...

Looks like A LOT of work!! I bet it is absolutely beautiful in the spring and summer though.

Kristy said...

I'm sorry about the work...just think of all the shade they provide in the summer...right? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Jeremy and Brandy Johnson from Utah. Nice to see your blog/life.

We would kill (well not really) for trees with lots of leaves. Our trees are very small and we often joke about gettin' out there and raking up the mess!

Teresa said...

This coming from the girl who told me that she wanted to move where there were "mature trees"!!:cP I am actually jealous (not of the work part) I so miss racking up leaves and then playing in them! We went to the park that had a lot of leaves on the ground and I was so happy to crunch through them! But, I will agree the work part sucks!

Tigerlily said...

That's funny. If I lived by you I would come help. I like to rake leaves. It's cooler weather and it's nice to get outside. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Our family is cursed in regard to living next to gargantuan trees. Grrrr...

Kimberly Pratt said...

At least you have trees! we got the yard but just a whole lot of dirt... o yes... and in this ice wasteland a whole lot of ice & snow to come! id trade the leaves for the snow shoveling!!! miss you guys!

Kimberly Pratt said...

And i tagged Robbie! blame becky! rules on my blog!

Tara said...

Hi guys! Wow that is definitely a never ending project, but how beautiful! I can't get over how much property you have. Fun! Anyway, we just started a blog, but it's private so I hope you received the e-mail "invite." If not, I must have an old e-mail address for you. If that's the case, please get me your new one so we can share our crazy life with you. Miss you!!!