Thursday, December 18, 2008

Crazy? You tell me...

Growing up in Utah, I never once dealt with cancelled school. I always wished for it, of course, because who wouldn't want a day off from school? Every little kid's dream, for sure. I remember that we could get two feet of snow and still have to get up and go to school the next day.

Kaitlin and Camie's school district is just a little bit different than what I am used to. They have had me pick up the kids early because the school was too hot inside.... several times. They have had me pick them up early because there was too much rain and thunder. On Tuesday they had me pick them up early because it snowed two inches. And today (which at the moment is 25 degrees and slightly overcast) I just got a phone call to pick up Kaitlin because of impending bad weather. So, let me get this straight. I need to go pick up my child from school for bad weather that hasn't even happened yet? Um, yeah.....

9 comments:

Tammy and Mark said...

That's REALLY FUNNY!

Ashli said...

Sounds like they don't have much better to do with their time. Merry Christmas!

Rachel said...

Maybe they just want a day off....or maybe twenty days off! I do think that's crazy.

Katrina said...

Rob should start doing that at work.

Tigerlily said...

That's REALLY funny. I wonder what they would do if we transplanted that school back here and let them deal with the bad weather? it snowed 5-6 inches yesterday and oh was it crazy to drive in it. The other thing is they do get nasty things out there like tornadoes and freezing rain where No One can drive so maybe they are cautious to the point of extreme measures so that they don't get stuck overnight with all the kids who can't get home. :) They might go crazy. Little do they know that your kids are so cute.

Teresa said...

What did they do before cell phones? The poor Mothers of that school couldn't go anywhere, they had to stay at home next to the phone because who knows when they might get a call telling them to come pick up their kids...it might snow you know. And how would you like to be the person to call all the parents to tell them to come get their kids? Maybe they should give you all beepers!

Anonymous said...

Yes, definitly CRAZY. I wish my school district did that back when I was teaching. ha ha

Melinda B. said...

I wonder if something bad happened in the past that has made them so freaky about the weather. How do they get government funding if the kids are never in class? hey- can you email me your address so I can send you a Christmas card?

Ruby said...

WIERD!!